Develop Android applications with Delphi
You can create apps for Android devices including phones, tablets, and now Google Glass with Delphi. Develop Android apps quickly in the RAD Studio visual designer and code editor to deliver high performance, natively compiled apps for the best user experience. You can then simply select the iOS target to deliver a compiled native iOS app from the exact same codebase. You can also target Windows and Mac OS X with the exact same codebase.
New! See more than 20 Android code snippets and demo videos for Delphi and RAD Studio. Android Code Samples >
We chose Delphi because we could utilize the same code in order to generate software for both iOS and Android. This eliminated the need to learn new languages and gave us a much faster time-to-market. We didn't have to hire more people, which reduced the cost to the company even more.
Éric Fleming Bonilha,
Director of Development Digifort
Develop apps for Android phones, tablets and Google Glass
Create mobile apps using the programming skills, knowledge, and even code that you already developed. Your Delphi Android apps will have fast native CPU performance and access to platform APIs as needed. Use a full visual designer for creating Android user interfaces for multiple device types, resolutions, and orientations. Learn more >
Native and custom styling options
With Delphi, you get a full range of native styled, pixel perfect, user interface controls, including buttons, listviews and combobox pickers, to incorporate into your apps. The Android apps you create include native platform controls like the DatePicker and TimePicker, services like notifications, and support for share sheet actions. Use pixel perfect native styles, included custom styles, or create your own to give your apps a unique look. Learn more >
Rapid visual development
Delphi delivers an enhanced and optimized developer workflow for mobile development that automates deployment and debugging on both the simulator and device. Rapidly prototype your apps with layouts for each device type and quickly go from prototype to production. Integrate feedback quickly by deploying your prototype directly onto your target device using actual framework objects and code. Learn more >
Enterprise Mobility Services
New in XE7! Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS) provides a turnkey Middleware server that enables you to build, deploy, manage, and report on custom server based C++ APIs, Enterprise Data Access, User Authentication, and Storage with Analytics. Easily connect your users and Apps to managed APIs, databases and services on-premises or via the cloud.
Learn more >
Connect with BaaS providers
Integrate cloud based services from Backend as a Service (BaaS) providers, Kinvey, Parse, and now App42, with components for popular BaaS services push notifications, authentication, and storage. You get easy access to these common services in the cloud without having to build them yourself or maintain them. Add user authentication to your apps. Use push notifications to engage your users. Access data and object storage in the cloud.
IBLite and SQLite Android database support
Delphi includes Android local database support for SQLite and embedded InterBase via dbExpress, FireDAC and IBX. You also get a free development and free unlimited deployment license for IBLite – a freely deployable version of the popular embedded InterBase ToGo database. Learn more >
Delphi for Android Features
- New in XE7! FireUI Multi-Device Designer and components – a revolutionary new way to build a single user interface that scales and adjusts to different types of devices and form factors
- New in XE7! Enterprise Mobility Services - a turnkey REST based MEAP (Mobile Enterprise Application Platform) middleware stack that includes API hosting, data access, and SQL Database access and deployment, serving mobile, desktop and web application clients
- New in XE7! Bluetooth connections available for App Tethering
- New in XE7! The TBannerAd component now uses the Google Mobile Ads API from Google Play Services
- New in XE7! Immersive full screen mode on Android KitKat
- New in XE7! TListView pull to refresh on iOS and Android
- In-app advertising and in-app purchase support
- Component based connectivity with BaaS providers Parse for authentication and storage, and Kinvey for authentication, storage and push notifications
- App tethering to create mobile companion apps for desktop Windows VCL applications
- Delphi ARM optimized compiler
- Create apps for Android phones and tablets with ARM7 processors with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3 and 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x and 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4x). See Supported devices.
- Pixel-perfect native UI controls
- FireMonkey framework for Android
- On-device data access for InterBase and SQLite
- DataSnap client
- Device service and sensor support (gyro, GPS, camera and accelerometer)
- Mobile form designer
Why choose Delphi for your mobile app development needs?
- Fast native performance – Android apps created with Delphi are faster than web based or hybrid mobile apps
- Build secure applications – compiled code that doesn't require a runtime is more secure and InterBase ToGo offers on-device database encryption
- Leverage your Delphi language skills, knowledge and source code to get to mobile
- Develop for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X using a single IDE with a single framework
- Create true native compiled Android and iOS apps from a single codebase