Develop Android applications with Delphi
You can create apps for Android devices including phones, tablets, and now Google Glass with Delphi. Develop Android apps quickly in the RAD Studio visual designer and code editor to deliver high performance, natively compiled apps for the best user experience. You can then simply select the iOS target to deliver a compiled native iOS app from the exact same codebase.
New! See more than 20 Android code snippets and demo videos for Delphi and RAD Studio. Android Code Samples >
We chose Delphi because we could utilize the same code in order to generate software for both iOS and Android. This eliminated the need to learn new languages and gave us a much faster time-to-market. We didn’t have to hire more people, which reduced the cost to the company even more.
Éric Fleming Bonilha,
Director of Development Digifort
Develop apps for Android phones, tablets and Google Glass
Create mobile apps using the programming skills, knowledge, and even code that you already developed. Your Delphi Android apps will have fast native CPU performance and access to platform APIs as needed. Use a full visual designer for creating Android user interfaces for multiple device types, resolutions, and orientations. Learn more >
Native and custom styling options
With Delphi, you get a full range of native styled, pixel perfect, user interface controls, including buttons, listviews and combobox pickers, to incorporate into your apps. The Android apps you create include native platform controls like the DatePicker and TimePicker, services like notifications, and support for share sheet actions. Use pixel perfect native styles, included custom styles, or create your own to give your apps a unique look. Learn more >
Rapid visual development
Delphi delivers an enhanced and optimized developer workflow for mobile development that automates deployment and debugging on both the simulator and device. Rapidly prototype your apps with layouts for each device type and quickly go from prototype to production. Integrate feedback quickly by deploying your prototype directly onto your target device using actual framework objects and code. Learn more >
Delphi Multi-Device Application Platform
Mobile app development today needs to extend far beyond the device and integrate with enterprise data and cloud services. Delphi’s Multi-Device Application Platform makes it possible for developers to deliver truly connected mobile computing from the device through to back-end services on multiple client OS’s and device form factors. Rapidly connect your apps to your enterprise databases and services on-premises or in a private cloud with FireDAC enterprise SQL database connectivity, DataSnap n-tier middleware, and access to cloud-based RESTful web services and BaaS providers.
Learn more >
Connect with BaaS providers
Integrate cloud based services from Back-end as a Service (BaaS) providers, Kinvey and Parse, with components for popular BaaS services like push notifications, authentication, and storage with Kinvey; and authentication and storage with Parse. You get easy access to these common services in the cloud without having to build them yourself or maintain them. Add user authentication to your apps. Use push notifications to engage your users. Access data and object storage in the cloud.
IBLite and SQLite Android database support
Delphi includes Android local database support for SQLite and embedded InterBase via dbExpress, FireDAC and IBX. You also get a free development and free unlimited deployment license for IBLite – a freely deployable version of the popular embedded InterBase ToGo database. Learn more >
Delphi for Android Features
- New in XE6! In-app advertising and in-app purchase support
- New in XE6! Component based connectivity with BaaS providers Parse for authentication and storage, and Kinvey for authentication, storage and push notifications
- New in XE6! App tethering to create mobile companion apps for desktop Windows VCL applications
- Delphi ARM optimized compiler
- Create apps for Android phones and tablets with ARM7 processors with NEON support, running Android Gingerbread (2.3.3-2.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3 and 4.0.4), Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x and 4.3.x) or KitKat (4.4x). See Supported devices.
- Pixel-perfect native UI controls
- FireMonkey FMX framework for Android
- On-device data access for InterBase and SQLite
- DataSnap client
- Device service and sensor support (gyro, GPS, camera and accelerometer)
- Mobile form designer
Why choose Delphi for your mobile app development needs?
- Fast native performance – Android apps created with Delphi are faster than web based or hybrid mobile apps
- Build secure applications – compiled code that doesn’t require a runtime is more secure and InterBase ToGo offers on-device database encryption
- Leverage your Delphi language skills, knowledge and source code to get to mobile
- Develop for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X using a single IDE with a single framework
- Create true native compiled Android and iOS apps from a single codebase