RAD Studio XE7 generates rave reviews from customers, positioning the software development platform
for continued market success
SAN FRANCISCO – September 22, 2014 – Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today announced that it has achieved record year-over-year sales growth of 23% in the first half of 2014 for its RAD Studio product line.
"Businesses across every industry – from healthcare and food services to automotive and more – are focused on modernizing their customer experience. To do this, RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder developers are extending millions of existing VCL Windows-based business solutions using Android and iOS apps, wearable extensions, and cloud services," says Michael Swindell, Senior Vice President of Products at Embarcadero. "With RAD Studio's feature set progressing at the same rapid pace of technology today, much of the success our customers are experiencing can be attributed to choosing the new RAD License Recharge Plan. It provides the most cost-effective way for developers to stay current with every major release and update."
The RAD Studio product line addresses a critical need, providing developers with the tools required to move customer experiences and capabilities forward without abandoning their existing investments and systems. "Developers continue to be inundated with growing complexity, technology and tool choices. The continued growth in our RAD Studio product line is driven by our focus on helping our customers move their solutions forward with richer more interactive user experiences that make them more competitive and open up new business opportunities," explains Swindell.
Rave Reviews for RAD Studio XE7
In early September, Embarcadero launched RAD Studio XE7, a complete solution to build connected apps for Windows, Android, iOS, OS X, gadgets, and wearables. This latest release introduces parallel computing, FireUI multi-device UX development, New Windows VCL enhancements and components, plus many new language capabilities, and new Enterprise Mobility middleware. These new capabilities, along with those introduced in XE5 and XE6, are enabling Delphi/Object Pascal and C++ developers to extend existing Windows applications and build new, modern apps that connect desktop and mobile devices with gadgets, cloud services, and enterprise data and APIs.
"Developers are responding to RAD Studio XE7 in a big way. This new release is gaining greater adoption than we've ever seen," says Swindell. "The reviews we've received so far reinforce why developers are making the move to upgrade now."
Feedback from the Embarcadero developer community includes:
- "XE7 is the best Delphi version I ever used. It is stable and the parallel programming library combined with the multi device designer makes it a must for every developer." ~ Roman Kassebaum, Delphi MVP and TP, Ingenieurbüro Roman Kassebaum
- "The XE7 FireUI Multi-Device designer allows us to create a master view and customize the layout for numerous other devices. The development time it saves is worth the upgrade to XE7 alone." - Andrew Tierney, CEO, CastleSoft
- "XE7's new app tethering capabilities like BT support and more control over subnet discovery are the coolest things. But FireUI and the Parallel Programming Library add even more value on top of that. The combination of all of these features makes the compelling case that Delphi/C++ Builder XE7 are more relevant to modern application development than ever." - Bob Calco, Chief Architect & Lead Developer, Apex Data Solutions, LLC
- "XE7 is one of the best releases in recent memory, especially with the multi-device designer. No one else has anything like this, saving me tons of development time." - Richard Baroniunas, Lead Developer, Baron Software
- "My company has every version of RAD Studio, and we are definitely happiest with XE7. It is mature and stable, and very astutely addresses the modern day challenges that a profit conscience company is concerned to be competitive at the lowest investment, yet best quality." - Gerhard Stoltz, U-RAD Technologies
RAD Studio XE7, Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7 are available immediately from Embarcadero and from Embarcadero partners. Visit the Embarcadero online store at embarcadero.com/online-stores for pricing. Additional information on the RAD License Recharge Plan for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder is available at embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/recharge. To download a free trial, visit embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/downloads.
Until September 30, 2014, RAD Studio XE7 is 10% off and comes with a free bonus pack that includes FREE Castalia IDE supercharger and FREE FastCube decision cube, and new FREE Premium VCL and FMX UI Styles. More information is available at www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
Echo Communications (for Embarcadero)