- Memory and CPU Profiler.
- Thread Debugger.
- Request Analyzer.
- Code Audits and Metrics.
- Code Coverage.
- Snapshot tool and Progress Tracker.
- Standalone agent for remote profiling.
- Support for profiling on Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Solaris/SPARC.
- Centralized license management and tool deployment with Embarcadero ToolCloud
Embarcadero J Optimizer is a comprehensive environment for identifying and resolving performance issues throughout the development life-cycle of Java programs and Java EE applications.
- Real-time analysis of CPU and memory utilization.
- Real-time detection of thread issues.
- Measure code quality and application complexity.
- Validate code against Java coding standards set across the organization.
J Optimizer’s Memory and CPU Profiler helps developers find memory leaks, inefficient temporary-storage issues, CPU bottlenecks and unit test performance regressions. The Request Analyzer profiles the performance behavior of Java EE application code across common Java EE components such as JDBC, RMI, JSP, JNDI, EJBs, JMS, and Web service protocol containers. Developers can use J Optimizer’s audits and metrics capabilities to measure the overall quality of the object design, the complexity and cohesion between objects, the extent of test coverage, and many other factors to help pinpoint potential maintenance, quality and performance issues.
J Optimizer supports profiling of Java applications running on today’s most popular commercial and open source application servers including BEA WebLogic Application Server, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle Application Server, Apache Geronimo, Apache Tomcat, and Sun GlassFish.
Memory and CPU Profiling - High-level performance-related data displayed in real time in order to determine whether a performance issue is related to CPU, memory, or both.
- Automatic Memory Leak Detector monitors the evolution of memory usage.
- HotSpot Display lists methods where most time was spent.
- Real-time monitoring of object allocations.
- CPU Profiler measures pure CPU usage or time usage during a profiling session
Request Analyzer - Profile the performance behavior of Java EE application code across JDBC, JSP, JNDI, Enterprise JavaBeans, and JMS components.
- Drill-down performance information for Java EE components.
- System Dashboard view provides a graphical display of the application time spent in Java EE components and total number of requests.
- System Composite view displays all of the Java EE events that have occurred in an application, in real time, in their proper hierarchy.
Audits and Metrics - provides developers and managers with measures of the quality and complexity of the project.
- Metrics evaluate object model complexity and quantify your code.
- Audits provide information on design issues, naming conventions, and other items which can impact code quality.Create specific QA sets for source code audits and metrics, and save them to a local file system, or as part of a project which can then be shared with the team.