Develop iOS applications with RAD Studio
Now you can create applications for iOS devices including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with RAD Studio. Develop your mobile apps visually and deliver high performance, natively compiled apps for the best user experience. You can also deliver a true native Android app from the exact same codebase.
New code samples! See more than 20 iOS and Android code snippets and demo videos for Delphi and RAD Studio.
It has never been easier and faster to develop and test Apps for iOS. I tried it many times on Objective-C on Mac but this is not really a logical language – at least for me.
Develop apps for iPhone and iPad
Create mobile apps using the programming skills, knowledge and code that you already have. Your RAD Studio iOS apps will have fast native CPU performance and better security than web-based or scripting language based apps. Full visual designer for iOS user interfaces with multiple device types, resolutions, and orientations. Learn more >
Native and custom styling options
With RAD Studio, you get a full range of native styled user interface controls, including buttons, listboxes and combo boxes, to incorporate into your apps. The iOS apps you create include native platform controls like the date picker and custom picker, different keyboard types, services like notifications, and support for share sheet actions. Use pixel perfect native styles, custom styles or create your own to give your apps a unique look. Learn more >
Rapid visual development
RAD Studio delivers an enhanced and optimized developer workflow for mobile development that automates deployment and debugging on both the simulator and device. Rapidly prototype your apps with layouts for each device type and quickly go from prototype to production. Integrate feedback quickly by deploying your prototype directly onto your target device using actual framework objects and code. Learn more >
Monetize your mobile apps
New in XE6! Mobile apps are a revenue generating opportunity for application developers. Now you can monetize your mobile apps by integrating in app purchases and advertising. Sell content, functionality, services and subscriptions with support for iOS App Store in-app purchase and Google Play In-app Billing. Serve ads from the top ad networks (Google AdMob and Apple iAd). It's easy to add this functionality to your apps via the included TBannerAd and TInAppPurchase components.
Connect with BaaS providers
New in XE6! Integrate cloud based services from Back-end as a Service (BaaS) providers, Kinvey and Parse, with components for popular BaaS services like notifications, user management, and storage. You get easy access to these common services in the cloud without having to build them yourself or maintain them. Add user authentication to your apps. Use push notifications to engage your users. Access data and object storage in the cloud.
Multi-Device Application Platform
Mobile app development today needs to extend far beyond the device and integrate with enterprise data and cloud services. RAD Studio's Multi-Device Application Platform makes it possible for developers to deliver truly connected mobile computing from the device through back-end services on multiple client OS's and device form factors. Rapidly connect your apps to your enterprise databases on-premise or in a private cloud with FireDAC enterprise SQL database connectivity, DataSnap n-tier middleware, and access to cloud-based RESTful web services and BaaS providers. Learn more >
IBLite and SQLite iOS database support
RAD Studio includes iOS local database support for SQLite and embedded InterBase (ToGo and IBLite) via dbExpress, FireDAC and IBX. You also get a free development and free unlimited deployment license for IBLite – a new freely deployable version of the popular embedded InterBase ToGo database. Learn more >
RAD Studio Features for iOS App Development
- New in XE6! In-app advertising and in-app purchase support
- New in XE6! Component based connectivity with BaaS providers Parse and Kinvey for authentication, storage and push notifications
- New in XE6! App tethering to create mobile companion apps for desktop apps
- Delphi ARM optimized compilers for simulator and device
- C++Builder ARM optimized compiler for device
- Phone and tablet development for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Pixel-perfect native UI controls
- FMX framework for iOS
- On-device data access for InterBase and SQLite
- DataSnap client
- Device service and sensor support (gyro, GPS, camera and accelerometer)
- Mobile form designer
Why choose RAD Studio for your mobile app development needs?
- Fast native performance - RAD Studio compiled apps are faster than web based or hybrid mobile apps
- Build secure applications – compiled code that doesn't require a runtime is more secure and InterBase ToGo offers on-device database encryption
- Leverage your Delphi and C++ language skills, knowledge and source code
- Develop for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X using a single IDE and a single framework
- Create true native compiled iOS and Android apps from a single codebase
- Use HTML5 Builder in RAD Studio to create web based mobile apps today for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone