RAD Studio XE5 Product Editions
RAD Studio XE5 is available in four editions – Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect.
Choose the edition that's right for you
||Develop Android, iOS, Windows and OS X true native apps with Delphi. Develop Windows and OS X apps with C++ Builder. Develop Web and mobile web apps with HTML5 Builder.
|Database Application Architectures
||Client/Server, n-Tier, Local/Embedded
|Database and Cloud Support
||InterBase, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, ODBC and more. Amazon and Azure cloud. DataSnap multi-tier. FireDAC data access components.
||InterBase, MySQL and SQLite. Amazon and Azure Cloud.
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing and full UML modeling
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing, UML visualization
|Advanced database modeling and SQL tools
||ER/Studio Developer Edition
||DB PowerStudio XE Developer Edition
|Earlier version access
||Get licenses and downloads for earlier versions Delphi and C++Builder XE4, XE3, XE, 2010, 2009, 2007, Delphi 7, C++Builder 6, HTML5 Builder XE3, RadPHP XE2 and RadPHP XE
|Included IDE personalities
||Delphi, C++Builder and HTML5 Builder
See the RAD Studio full Feature Matrix for a more detailed comparison
RAD Studio XE5 Professional
Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE5 Professional is app development for ISVs who need to create true native apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones with local and embedded database connectivity. Build apps using the same source codebase without sacrificing app quality or performance. With native Android and iOS support, reach the largest addressable mobile markets in the world. RAD Studio Professional features include:
- Multi-device, cross-platform development for Android, iOS, Windows, and OS X using the FM Application Platform
- 64-bit Windows app development with Delphi and C++
- dbExpress local database connectivity to InterBase® and MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
- FireDAC local database connectivity for Microsoft Access database, SQLite database, InterBase ToGo / IBLite, InterBase on localhost, MySQL Embedded, MySQL Server on localhost, Advantage Database local engine, PostgreSQL on localhost, Firebird Embedded, and Firebird on localhost
- Earlier version licenses and software for Delphi 7, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3 and XE4; C++Builder 6, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3 and XE4; HTML5 Builder XE3 and RadPHP XE and XE2 at no extra cost
- Cloud computing integration with Amazon EC2 and Windows Azure
- UML code visualization, providing a visual representation of source code for easier understanding
FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack for RAD Studio XE5 Professional
Extend the database connectivity of the apps you create RAD Studio XE5 Professional using the FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack. With its powerful universal architecture FireDAC enables direct access from your applications to Oracle, SQL Server, InterBase, DB2, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Access, Informix, DataSnap and more.
RAD Studio XE5 Enterprise
Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5 Enterprise is app development for ISVs and enterprises who need to create apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones with client/server and n-tier capabilities, enterprise database and cloud connectivity to SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, InterBase, Azure & Amazon, and DataSnap multi-tier technology. RAD Studio Enterprise includes everything in the Professional edition, plus the following for building client/server and multi-tier database and Web applications:
- Database server connectivity to InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Sybase ASE, SQL Anywhere, and ODBC
- New FireDAC enterprise database connectivity
- DataSnap multi-tier application development and PHP DataSnap client development
- Full two-way UML modeling capabilities with multiple diagram types, synchronization between code and models, documentation generation, and design patterns
RAD Studio XE5 Ultimate
Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5 Ultimate is app development for enterprises that need to create database-intensive, true native apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones that interface with enterprise database systems. In addition, RAD Studio Ultimate includes SQL development, database change management, SQL profiling, and SQL tuning tools with DB PowerStudio®. In addition, RAD Studio Ultimate includes SQL development, database change management, SQL profiling, and SQL tuning tools with DB PowerStudio®. RAD Studio Ultimate includes Enterprise edition plus DB PowerStudio tools that enable you to:
- Write high quality SQL faster with Rapid SQL
- Visually tune SQL with DB Optimizer Pro
- Simplify database change management with DB Change Manager
RAD Studio XE5 Architect
Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE5 Architect is the multi-device, true native app development suite for enterprises that need to create true native apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones that integrate with enterprise database systems. It also includes visual data modeling to help developers get the most value out of enterprise databases and data structures. RAD Studio Architect includes everything in the Enterprise edition plus powerful database modeling and design capabilities:
- Reverse-engineer, analyze, and optimize databases
- Automatically generate database code from models for forward engineering
- Create logical and physical models based on information extracted from databases and script files
- Work with highly readable and navigable diagrams
- Advanced compare and merge with bidirectional comparisons and merges of model and database structures.
RAD Studio in Embarcadero All-Access XE
If you're interested in RAD Studio, in combination with development tools; plus a complete range of database design, management and performance tools, Embarcadero All-Access is the solution for you. Embarcadero All-Access XE provides all the application development and database tools you need – when you need them. It's the easiest to use 'toolbox' solution for any size team of developers, architects, performance testers, and DBAs. All-Access is ideal for both large enterprise teams working on a wide range of technologies; and for smaller teams, consultants, and individuals who find time split across the software development life cycle.