RAD Studio Previous Versions
When you buy the latest version of RAD Studio, you also get access to earlier versions of Delphi and C++Builder at no extra charge. This is a cost effective solution for development teams adding developers to support existing applications because you get the latest version plus access to the earlier versions that you need at no extra cost.
RAD Studio XE8 includes access to previous versions
With the current version of RAD Studio, you also get access to licenses for older versions – RAD Studio XE4-XE7, Delphi 7 and 2007-XE3, C++Builder 6 and 2007-XE3, HTML5 Builder XE3 and RadPHP XE-XE2.
How to get your earlier version licenses and downloads
Named user licenses, 5-packs or 10-packs
- Each serial number that also requires an older version license must be registered to a unique Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN) account that is associated with the intended end user of the product.
- You must install and register your XE8 serial number before you request the older version licenses.
- You must request your older version licenses within 180 days of your purchase of the XE8 product.
- Your earlier version licenses will be tied to your user account and cannot be given away or sold. If your XE8 license is an upgrade, you will not receive additional licenses for older versions that you already own.
- Older versions are available for the core product and for the Professional Mobile and FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Packs
Choose a link below to obtain earlier version licenses for your XE8 product:
Network Named or Concurrent licenses
- If you purchased Network Named or Concurrent licenses, the older version licenses for versions 2007-XE7 will be included as part of your network license. Each network license count is a suite license that can be used to run one of the included versions at a time.
- Delphi 7 and C++Builder 6 are not available as part of the network licenses but on request you can receive one Delphi 7 and one C++Builder 6 serial number per license purchased.
- The Delphi 7 and C++Builder 6 licenses cannot be managed via the license server or used concurrently.
Limited availability of standalone earlier versions
The following older versions of RAD Studio are also still sold separately on a limited basis. We recommend purchasing RAD Studio XE8 if you need any of these older versions so you also get the latest version.
RAD Studio XE7
Available editions: Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect. RAD Studio XE6 includes free earlier versions RAD Studio XE4-XE7, Delphi 7 and 2007-XE7, C++Builder 6 and 2007-XE7, and RadPHP XE-XE2.
Earlier version license/download access for XE7 users ends December 31, 2015.
Release date: September 2014
RAD Studio XE6
Available editions: Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect.
Earlier version license/download access for XE6 users ended June 30, 2015.
Release date: April 2014
RAD Studio XE5 and below are no longer available. We recommend purchasing the latest version to get access to select earlier versions as described above.
Some earlier version products that are still sold may no longer be supported. See the Supported Versions List for the latest information by version.