Embrace and Extend
Connect Your Infrastructure to Mobile
featuring Olaf Monien, Daniel Wolf and Daniel Magin
Developers are being asked more and more to make information behind the firewall available on mobile clients. There are many approaches you can take. Multi-tier architectures give developers a lot of leverage to design their apps for a connected world.
Watch this comprehensive technical webinar on-demand covering topics including:
- Multi-tier application architecture
- Creating mobile client apps for Android and iOS
- Working with back-end as a service (BaaS) providers
- RAD Studio technologies including DataSnap, REST client support and the InterBase database
Embrace and Extend: Connect Your Infrastructure to Mobile
This 42 page technical white paper covers a typical scenario in the IT world including architecture and techniques for connecting with a database server and providing data to different front-ends using different technologies.
Chapter topics include:
- Installing and setting up an InterBase database server
- Creating a Windows client application with VCL
- Developing a browser-based admin interface with IntraWeb
- Creating a middleware server with DataSnap
- Building a mobile client with Delphi and the FM Application Platform
- Integrating with social media via REST
Companion Source Code
- RAD in Action Webinar Source Code – Source code for the projects in the webinar and white paper
- Source Code for Threads in Mobile Devices – LoadImagesByThread project source code
Olaf Monien has been working as an IT consultant for international companies for many years. His areas of special interest are software architecture, database design, Internet applications and mobile devices.
Olaf is the CEO of Developer Experts, LLC, a US based company, focussing on consulting and training in the area of software development. Developer Experts, LLC is an Embarcadero Technology Partner.
Olaf Monien is an Embarcadero Technologies MVP and maintains a strong relationship to Embarcadero's development team. In the area of iPhone/iPad development, Olaf has many connections to leading Apple experts. Olaf received a Master of Computer Science degree and has more than 20 years of software development experience.
Daniel has been working for his company and using Delphi and Pascal for nearly twenty years. His main duty is to design software architectures for projects related to insurance-companies. He also works as a software consultant for his clients in Germany. To provide the best service possible, Daniel has become a partner of Developer Experts in 2010.
Daniel has a university degree in applied information sciences with a special focus on usability-testing of desktop and Web applications.
Daniel is an Embarcadero Technologies MVP and has a close relationship with Embarcadero's Delphi unit and has been watching the proceedings of Delphi for many releases.
In addition Daniel runs Europe's largest online-community for Delphi developers with more than 80,000 registered members.
Daniel Magin has been working as IT consultant and trainer for international companies and can look back to 20 years of experience dealing with complex software projects. He is well-known as a speaker on many international developer events and conferences talking about frameworks (e.g. .NET, Win32, iOS), database design and the programming languages Delphi, C# and Objective-C.
Daniel is the CEO of Developer Experts Germany / EDV-Beratung Magin.
Daniel is also an Embarcadero Technologies MVP and an acknowledged specialist for Delphi and the database management system InterBase.