InterBase XE3 is the latest version of InterBase for Windows and iOS as well as the latest ToGo edition for Mac OS X. InterBase XE is the latest version for Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X server.
Go to the InterBase XE3 overview for information on the XE3 version >
InterBase XE offers database and application development professionals high performance, scalable database technology, essential to run business critical applications. Extensive security mechanisms protect data at rest, over-the-wire and in backups. InterBase XE is easily deployable and supports heterogeneous O/S connectivity for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS X.
InterBase has been proven in thousands of embedded database, desktop and server applications around the world. Various editions and flexible licensing meet specific end customer, OEM, ISV and VAR requirements.
- High performance and scalable
- Near-zero administration and self-tuning engine
- SQL 92 and ACID compliant
- Compact (3-4 MB typical)
- Weak and strong encryption
- Multi-generational architecture (MVCC)
- Windows, Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X support
- Integration with Embarcadero’s application development and database tools
Multiple Editions to meet your needs:
- InterBase XE Server Edition
- InterBase XE Desktop Edition
- InterBase XE To Go Edition
- InterBase XE Free Developer Edition
"For more than ten years, we have shipped applications based on InterBase to a wide variety of customers. Its minimal configuration and maintenance requirements, combined with real-world experience, give us confidence that it will continue to perform well without the need for care and feeding by a dedicated IT staff." - Craig Stuntz, Senior Developer, Vertex Systems Inc