Develop Windows Apps with C++Builder XE7
Fast, true native apps across many Windows versions
With C++Builder, you deliver true native compiled apps that run on all recent versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2008 & 2012. Features like touch/gesture support and the latest UI styling and features are available on all supported Windows versions, enabling you to deliver a consistent look and functionality to support more users, more easily.
Develop with the FireMonkey framework to get to Windows and multi-device
Use the FireMonkey framework in C++Builder to create multi-device true native apps for Windows, iOS and OS X. With the FireMonkey framework, developers can now build apps using the same source codebase without sacrificing app quality or performance, and target the largest addressable desktop markets in the world.
Create native Windows apps with VCL
Trusted by millions of developers worldwide, the VCL (Visual Component Library) is a set of visual components for rapid development of Windows applications in the C++Builder language. VCL contains a wide variety of visual, non-visual, and utility classes building GUI, web, database, and console applications. Additions to the VCL in recent versions include customizable VCL Styles, Windows 8 support, LiveBindings to simplify data connectivity in your apps, and new FireDAC data access components.
Create apps for Windows desktops and tablets
Use C++Builder to develop visually and deliver high-performance 32-bit and 64-bit native Windows apps. Your apps will run on Windows desktops and x86 based tablets with Intel and Intel Atom hardware such as Microsoft Surface Professional, Slate tablets from HP, Asus and others, as well as AMD processor based tablets from Acer, Samsung and more.
Give your apps the Windows 8 look – even on Windows 7!
Both the C++Builder development environment and apps that you create with C++Builder will immediately run great on Windows 8. Project templates and the Metropolis UI make it easy to give your apps the Windows 8 modern UI look when running on Windows 8 and 8.1 or Windows 7.
New in C++Builder XE7 for Windows app development
If you're creating or maintaining VCL apps, you'll find great new Windows app dev features introduced in XE7 and other recent versions of C++Builder.
- New! Parallel computing library for fast application performance
- New! Bluetooth support in App Tethering
- Windows 7 & 8 Taskbar component for presenting controls on the taskbar and displaying previews of multiple windows in your app that are selectable
- App Tethering to extend your Windows applications with mobile companion apps
- New VCL Styles to customize and update the look of your VCL applications with Windows 7, Windows 8 modern and custom styles
- Menu styling in VCL applications for fully integrated styles
- VCL sensor components to access sensors including accelerometer, GPS and gyroscope on Windows tablets like Surface Pro
- DirectX 11 headers for access to the latest graphic libraries for the best desktop performance
- VCL TWebBrowser improvements for integrating HTML/Web content into your VCL apps
Download a free trial and explore these new features!