Delphi Previous Versions
When you buy the latest version of Delphi, you also get access to earlier versions at no extra charge. This is a cost effective solution for development teams adding developers to support existing applications because you get the latest version plus access to the earlier versions that you need at no extra cost.
Delphi XE8 includes access to previous versions
With the current version of Delphi, you also get access to licenses for older versions – Delphi XE7, Delphi XE6, Delphi XE5, Delphi XE4, Delphi XE3, Delphi XE2, Delphi XE, Delphi 2010, Delphi 2009, Delphi 2007, and Delphi 7.
How to get your earlier version licenses and downloads
Named user licenses, 5-packs or 10-packs
- Each serial number that also requires an older version license must be registered to a unique Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN) account that is associated with the intended end user of the product.
- You must install and register your XE8 serial number before you request the older version licenses.
- You must request your older version licenses within 180 days of your purchase of the XE8 product.
- Older versions are not included with Starter edition or All-Access licenses.
- Older versions are available for Mobile and FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Packs
- Your earlier version licenses will be tied to your user account and cannot be given away or sold. If your XE8 license is an upgrade, you will not receive additional licenses for older versions that you already own.
Choose a link below to obtain earlier version licenses for your XE8 product:
- If you purchased Network Named or Concurrent licenses, the older version licenses for versions 2007-XE7 will be included as part of your network license. Each network license count is a suite license that can be used to run one of the included versions at a time.
- Delphi 7 is not available as part of the network licenses but on request you can receive one Delphi 7 serial number per license purchased.
- The Delphi 7 licenses cannot be managed via the license server or used concurrently.
Limited availability of standalone earlier versions
The following older versions of Delphi are also still sold separately on a limited basis. We recommend purchasing Delphi XE8 if you need any of these older versions so you also get the latest version.
Available editions: Available editions: Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect. Also available as part of RAD Studio XE7. Delphi XE7 includes access to free earlier versions 6 and 2007-XE6. Purchasers of Delphi XE7 can click here to get their free earlier versions.
Earlier version license/download access for XE7 users ends December 31, 2015.
Release date: September 2014
Available editions: Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect. Also available as part of RAD Studio XE6.
Release date: April 2014
The earlier versions that are still sold are generally available from Embarcadero partners and Embarcadero Sales.
Delphi XE5 and earlier are no longer available to purchase separately. We recommend purchasing the latest version to get access to select earlier versions as described above.
Some earlier version products that are still sold may no longer be supported. See the Supported Versions List for the latest information by version.