Delphi XE5 Product Editions
Delphi XE5 is available in five editions – Starter, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate and Architect. Delphi XE5 is also available as part of the RAD Studio XE5 – a development suite that includes Delphi, C++Builder, HTML5 Builder and additional tools.
Choose the edition that's right for you
||Android, iOS, Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and OS X
Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac OS X
Android and iOS (with purchase of optional Mobile Add-On Pack)
|32-bit Windows only
|Database Application Architectures
||Client/Server, n-Tier, Local/Embedded
|Database and Cloud Support
||InterBase, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, ODBC and more. Amazon and Azure cloud. FireDAC data access library. DataSnap multi-tier.
||InterBase, MySQL and SQLite and other local/embedded database connectivity. Amazon and Azure Cloud.
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing UML visualization and full UML modeling
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing, UML visualization
||Basic and advanced VCL and FM components with source code and ability to create components.
||Basic VCL and FM components. No source code.
|Advanced database modeling and SQL tools
||ER/Studio Developer Edition
||DB PowerStudio XE Developer Edition
|Earlier version access
||Get licenses and downloads for earlier versions Delphi XE4, XE3, XE2, XE, 2010, 2009, 2007 and Delphi 7
||Full commercial license
See the Delphi full Feature Matrix (PDF) for a more detailed comparison.
More about the Delphi product editions
Delphi XE5 Professional
Embarcadero® Delphi® XE5 Professional is easy to learn app development for ISVs to create high performance, multi-device, true native apps for Windows and OS X with local and embedded database connectivity. Add-ons are available separately for Android and iOS mobile app development and for client/server database access with FireDAC. Delphi Professional features include:
- Multi-device, true native development for Windows and Mac using the FM Application Platform
- 64-bit Windows development
- dbExpress local database connectivity to InterBase® and MySQL
- FireDAC local database connectivity for Microsoft Access database, SQLite database, InterBase ToGo / IBLite, InterBase on localhost, MySQL Embedded, MySQL Server on localhost, Advantage Database local engine, PostgreSQL on localhost, Firebird Embedded, and Firebird on localhost
- Expanded coding tools including Code Completion, live code templates, refactoring, command line tools, code formatter, Class Explorer, unit testing, and translation tools
- Special edition bundled tools including FastReport, Documentation Insight, AQtime Developer, Beyond Compare Differ, Raize CodeSite Express, IP*Works, TeeChart, IntraWeb Personal and glyFX graphics library
- Earlier version licenses and software for Delphi 7, 2007, 2009, 2010 XE, XE2 XE3 and XE4 at no extra cost
- Advanced debugging views and debugging of multi-threaded applications
- Cloud computing integration with Amazon EC2 and Windows Azure
- XML, Web Services, and advanced COM/DCOM development
- Expanded VCL component set and VCL source code
- UML code visualization, providing a visual representation of source code for easier understanding
Mobile Add-On Pack for Delphi XE5 Professional
The Mobile Add-On Pack for Delphi XE5 Professional extends Delphi XE5 Professional so developers can visually create mobile applications for Android and iOS. Deliver high performance, multi-device, true native mobile apps for Android and iOS from a single source codebase and target Android phones and tablets as well as iPhone and iPad.
FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack for Delphi XE5 Professional
Extend the database connectivity of the apps you create Delphi XE5 Professional using the FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack. With its powerful universal architecture FireDAC enables direct access from your applications to Oracle, SQL Server, InterBase, DB2, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Access, Informix, DataSnap and more.
Delphi XE5 Enterprise
Embarcadero® Delphi XE5 Enterprise is easy-to-learn app development for ISVs and enterprises to create multi-device true native apps for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X with client/server and n-tier capabilities. Connect with database and cloud platforms including SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, InterBase, Azure & Amazon, and take advantage of DataSnap multi-tier technology. Delphi Enterprise includes everything in the Professional edition, plus the following for building mobile, client/server and multi-tier database and Web applications:
- Create iOS mobile applications
- Database server connectivity to InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Sybase ASE, SQL Anywhere, and ODBC
- FireDAC enterprise database connectivity
- DataSnap multi-tier application development
- Full two-way UML modeling capabilities with multiple diagram types, synchronization between code and models, documentation generation, and design patterns
Delphi XE5 Ultimate
Embarcadero® Delphi XE5 Ultimate is easy-to-learn app development for enterprises that need to create multi-device, true native, database-intensive apps for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X that interface with enterprise database systems. In addition, Delphi XE5 Ultimate includes SQL development, database change management, SQL profiling, and SQL tuning tools with DB PowerStudio®. Delphi Ultimate includes Delphi Enterprise edition plus DB PowerStudio Developer edition tools that enable you to:
- Write high quality SQL faster with Rapid SQL
- Visually tune SQL with DB Optimizer Pro
- Simplify database change management with DB Change Manager
Delphi XE5 Architect
Embarcadero® Delphi XE5 Architect is the easy to learn app development solution for enterprises that need to create multi-device, true native apps for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X that integrate with enterprise database systems. Architect provides visual data modeling with ER/Studio Developer Edition to help developers get the most value out of enterprise databases and data structures. Delphi Architect includes everything in the Enterprise edition plus powerful database modeling and design capabilities:
- Reverse-engineer, analyze, and optimize databases
- Automatically generate database code from models for forward engineering
- Create logical and physical models based on information extracted from databases and script files
- Work with highly readable and navigable diagrams
- Advanced compare and merge with bidirectional comparisons and merges of model and database structures
Delphi XE5 Starter
Delphi® XE5 Starter is a great way to get started building true native apps for Windows fast. Delphi Starter includes a streamlined IDE, code editor, ultra fast 32-bit compiler, integrated debugger, two-way visual designers to speed development, hundreds of visual components, and a limited commercial use license. Database components and drivers are not included. Starter edition features include:
- Develop 32-bit Windows applications using the Delphi VCL and FM application platform
- IDE and visual development environment
- Hundreds of included components
- License for use until your individual revenue from Delphi applications or company revenue reaches $1,000 US or your development team expands to more than 5 developers
If you're an individual you may use Starter Edition to create apps for your own use and apps that you can sell until your revenues reach $1,000 per year. If you're a small company or organization without revenue (or up to $1,000 per year in revenue), you can also use the Starter Edition. Once your company's total revenue reaches US $1,000, or your team expands to more than 5 developers, you can move up to an unrestricted commercial license with a specially priced Professional edition license. See the Delphi Starter page for more information and additional FAQs.
Delphi in Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5
Delphi XE5 is also available as part of Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5. RAD Studio XE5 is app development for teams building true native apps for Android and iOS, and getting them to app stores and enterprises fast. Build apps using the same source codebase without sacrificing app quality, connectivity or performance. With native Android and iOS support, reach the largest addressable mobile markets in the world.
Delphi in Embarcadero All-Access XE
If you're interested in Delphi, in combination with additional Embarcadero development tools and a complete range of database design, management and performance tools, Embarcadero All-Access is the solution for you. Embarcadero All-Access XE provides all the application development and database tools you need – when you need them. It's the easiest to use 'toolbox' solution for any size team of developers, architects, performance testers, and DBAs. All-Access is ideal for both large enterprise teams working on a wide range of technologies; and for smaller teams, consultants, and individuals who find their time split across the software development life cycle.