Develop Windows Apps with RAD Studio XE6
Fast, true native apps across many Windows versions
With Delphi and C++Builder in RAD Studio, you deliver true native compiled apps that run on all recent versions of Windows including Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2008 & 2012. Features like touch/gesture support and the latest UI styling and features are available on all supported Windows versions, enabling you to deliver a consistent look and functionality to support more users, more easily.
Develop with the FMX framework to get to Windows and multi-device
Use the FMX framework in RAD Studio to create multi-device true native apps for Windows, Android, iOS and OS X. With the new Delphi native Android and iOS support in the FMX framework, developers can now build apps using the same source codebase without sacrificing app quality or performance, and target the largest addressable markets in the world.
Create native Windows apps with VCL
Trusted by millions of developers worldwide, the VCL (Visual Component Library) is a set of visual components for rapid development of Windows applications in the Delphi Object Pascal language and standard C++. VCL contains a wide variety of visual, non-visual, and utility classes building GUI, web, database, and console applications. Additions to the VCL in recent versions include new customizable VCL Styles, Windows 8 support, LiveBindings to simplify data connectivity in your apps, and new FireDAC data access components.
Create apps for Windows desktops and tablets
Use RAD Studio to develop visually and deliver high-performance 32-bit and 64-bit native Windows apps. Your apps will run on Windows desktops and x86 based tablets with Intel and Intel Atom hardware such as Microsoft Surface Professional, Slate tablets from HP, Asus and others, as well as AMD processor based tablets from Acer, Samsung and more.
Give your apps the Windows 8 look – even on Windows 7 and Vista!
Both the RAD Studio XE5 development environment and apps that you create with Delphi will immediately run great on Windows 8. Project templates and the Metropolis UI make it easy to give your apps the Windows 8 modern UI look when running on Windows 8 or when running on earlier versions of Windows, including Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
New in RAD Studio XE6 for Windows app development
If you're creating or maintaining VCL apps, you'll find great new Windows app dev features introduced in XE6 and other recent versions of RAD Studio.
- New Windows 7/8 Taskbar component for presenting controls on the taskbar and displaying previews of multiple windows in your app that are selectable
- App Tethering to extend your Windows applications with mobile companion apps
- New VCL Styles to customize and update the look of your VCL applications with Windows 7, Windows 8 modern and custom styles
- Menu styling in VCL applications for fully integrated styles
- VCL sensor components to access sensors including accelerometer, GPS and gyroscope on Windows tablets like Surface Pro
- DirectX 11 headers for access to the latest graphic libraries for the best desktop performance
- VCL TWebBrowser improvements for integrating HTML/Web content into your VCL apps
Download a free trial and explore these new features!