Universal Enterprise Data Connectivity
FireDAC is a Universal Data Access library for developing applications for multiple devices, connected to enterprise databases. With its powerful universal architecture, FireDAC enables native high-speed direct access from Delphi and C++Builder to InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, DataSnap and more, including the NoSQL Database MongoDB.
FireDAC is a powerful, yet easy-to-use access layer that supports, abstracts, and simplifies data access, providing all the features needed to build real-world high-load applications. FireDAC provides a common API for accessing different database back-ends, without giving up access to unique database-specific features and without compromising on performance. Use FireDAC in Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X applications you are developing for PCs, tablets and smartphones.
|FireDAC features by edition of RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder||Professional
|Enterprise and Architect Editions|
Local/embedded connectivity and support for certain databases
FireDAC для доступа к локальным / встроенным базам данных, включая локальные Microsoft Access SQLite, Interbase ToGo, IBLite, сервер InterBase на localhost, и встроенные: MySQL Embedded, сервер MySQL на localhost, локальный сервер Advantage Database, PostgreSQL на localhost, Firebird Embedded, и Firebird на localhost.
Local/embedded/remote connectivity and support for more databases
Full local/embedded, client/server and enterprise connectivity to all supported databases including InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, DataSnap and support for ODBC to many more. Support also includes NoSQL with MongoDB.
Native Driver Support
Microsoft SQL Server
Sybase SQL Anywhere
IBM DB2 Server
NoSQL Driver for MongoDB
Backup, Restore, Security Management, and more
MOBILE DATABASE ACCESS
InterBase ToGo and IBLite
Data Access Engine
FireDAC datasets are built on top of a powerful data access engine. This lightweight, effective and flexible engine can be used directly in applications and serves as a powerful foundation to the datasets API. The engine consists of the dataset components and the non-component layers, represented by the flexible object oriented APIs.
Easy to use TDataSet descendant classes including TFDQuery, TFDMemTable, TFDStoredProc, and TFDTable. Dataset classes that are highly compatible with original BDE datasets and ClientDataSet. One of the fastest in-memory datasets, with sorting, filtering, aggregates, filtered and expression indexes, persistence and more. Local SQL engine for executing SQL queries against datasets.
FireDAC provides a range of features that help abstract the differences between database systems, making it easy to write code that does not have to be concerned about different DBMS dialects or other subtle differences between DBMSs.
- SQL dialect abstraction through FireDAC escape sequences, conditional statements and macros
- Data type unification with flexible and adjustable data type mapping
- Unified error reporting, including DBMS-independent and DBMS-specific error information
- Unified transaction support, with separate read and update transactions, and access to the full power of the specific transactions support of InterBase and Firebird
- Support for multiple Unicode and ANSI encodings
- Automatic connection recovery, automatically re-establishing the connection in case of an unstable environment
- Disconnected connection mode, allowing application to continue to work without a physical connection to a database
- Database events and notifications support
- Unified SQL scripts support
- Extended metadata retrieval capabilities
High-Performance Data Access
Database access is optimized using many different techniques often found only in database-specific components, which let you get faster data access out of the box.
- Live Data Window mode enabling fast bi-directional navigation through large datasets
- Array Data Manipulation Language (DML) command execution and Command Batches for batch applications and for minimizing network traffic
- Customizable and flexible "row set" fetching
- Direct support for asynchronous command execution, command execution timeout, and command execution canceling
- Automatic, efficient and sophisticated update command generation and execution
- Cached updates mode with ability to track correlated changes for several datasets with cascading updates
- Full support for auto-incrementing fields, including those based on generators and table triggers
Get started with FireDAC today
Check out the FireDAC FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions
View the FireDAC documentation online for additional technical details and how-to tips