C++Builder XE4 Product Editions
C++Builder XE4 is available in five editions – Starter, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise and Architect.
C++Builder XE4 is also available as part of the RAD Studio XE4 – a development suite that includes Delphi, C++Builder, Prism, HTML5 Builder and additional tools.
Choose the edition that's right for you
|Database Application Architectures
||Client/Server, n-Tier, Local/Embedded
|Database and Cloud Support
||InterBase, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, ODBC and more. Amazon and Azure cloud. FireDAC data access components. DataSnap multi-tier.
||InterBase, MySQL and SQLite. Amazon and Azure Cloud.
||Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac OS X
||32-bit Windows only
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing UML visualization and full UML modeling
||Advanced with refactoring, unit testing, UML visualization
||Basic and advanced VCL and FireMonkey components with source code and ability to create components.
||Basic VCL and FireMonkey components.No source code.
|Advanced database modeling and SQL tools
||ER/Studio Developer Edition
||DB PowerStudio Dev Edition
|Earlier version access
||Get licenses and downloads for earlier versions C++Builder XE3, XE2, XE, 2010, 2009, 2007 and C++Builder 6
||Full commercial license
See the C++Builder Feature Matrix for a more detailed comparison
More about the C++Builder product edition
C++Builder XE4 Professional
C++Builder® XE4 Professional is the multi-device, standards-based app development solution designed for independent software vendors (ISVs). Code once and create a high performance app with local and embedded database connectivity that runs on both Windows and Mac. Visual component building blocks let you prototype rapidly, respond to changes and get to market fast. C++Builder Professional features include:
- Cross-platform development for Windows and Mac OS X using the FireMonkey application platform
- 64-bit Windows development
- dbExpress local database connectivity to InterBase® and MySQL
- Expanded coding tools including Code Completion, live code templates, refactoring, command line tools, code formatter, Class Explorer, unit testing, and translation tools
- Special edition bundled tools including FastReport, AQtime Developer, Beyond Compare Differ, Raize CodeSite Express, IP*Works, TeeChart, IntraWeb Personal and glyFX graphics library
- Earlier version licenses and software for C++Builder 6, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2 and XE3 at no extra cost
- Advanced debugging views and debugging of multi-threaded applications
- Cloud computing integration with Amazon EC2 and Windows Azure
- XML, Web Services, and advanced COM/DCOM development
- Expanded VCL component set and VCL source code
- UML code visualization, providing a visual representation of source code for easier understanding
FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack for C++Builder XE4 Professional
Extend the database connectivity of the apps you create C++Builder XE4 Professional using the FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack. With its powerful universal architecture FireDAC enables direct access from your applications to Oracle, SQL Server, InterBase, DB2, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Access, Informix, DataSnap and more.
C++Builder XE4 Enterprise
C++Builder® XE4 Enterprise is the multi-device, standards-based app development solution designed for ISVs and enterprise developers. Build client/server and n-tier apps that connect to a wide array of enterprise database and cloud platforms including Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, InterBase, Amazon and Windows Azure. C++Builder Enterprise includes everything in the Professional edition, plus the following for building client/server and multi-tier database and Web applications:
- Database server connectivity to InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Sybase ASE, SQL Anywhere, and ODBC
- New FireDAC enterprise database connectivity
- DataSnap multi-tier application development
- Full two-way UML modeling capabilities with multiple diagram types, synchronization between code and models, documentation generation, and design patterns
C++Builder XE4 Ultimate
C++Builder® XE4 Ultimate is the multi-device, standards-based app development solution designed for C++ software developers and teams building, managing, and tuning database-intensive apps with enterprise database systems. In addition to rapid app development, C++Builder Ultimate includes SQL development, database change management, SQL profiling, and SQL tuning tools with DB PowerStudio®. C++Builder Ultimate includes Enterprise edition plus DB PowerStudio® tools that enable you to:
- Write high quality SQL faster with Rapid SQL
- Visually tune SQL with DB Optimizer Pro
- Simplify database change management with DB Change Manager
C++Builder XE4 Architect
C++Builder® XE4 Architect is the multi-device, standards-based app development solution designed for C++ developers building data-intensive, multi-tier apps with large or complex enterprise database systems. It combines data-driven, rapid app development and heterogeneous data access with visual data modeling to help developers get the most value out of existing enterprise databases. C++Builder Architect includes everything in the Enterprise edition plus powerful database modeling and design capabilities:
- Reverse-engineer, analyze, and optimize databases
- Automatically generate database code from models for forward engineering
- Create logical and physical models based on information extracted from databases and script files
- Work with highly readable and navigable diagrams
- Advanced compare and merge with bidirectional comparisons and merges of model and database structures.
C++Builder XE4 Starter
C++Builder® XE4 Starter is a great way to get started building high-performance C++ apps for Windows. C++Builder Starter includes a streamlined IDE, code editor, 32-bit compiler, integrated debugger, two-way visual designers to speed development, hundreds of visual components, and a limited commercial use license. Database components and drivers are not included. Starter edition features include:
- Develop 32-bit Windows application using the C++Builder VCL and FireMonkey application platform
- IDE and visual development environment
- Hundreds of included components
- License for use until your individual revenue from C++Builder applications or company revenue reaches $1,000 US or your development team expands to more than 5 developers
If you're an individual you may use Starter Edition to create apps for your own use and apps that you can sell until your revenues reach $1,000 per year. If you're a small company or organization without revenue (or up to $1,000 per year in revenue), you can also use the Starter Edition. Once your company's total revenue reaches US $1,000, or your team expands to more than 5 developers, you can move up to an unrestricted commercial license with a specially priced Professional edition license. See the C++Builder Starter page for more information and additional FAQs.
C++Builder XE4 in Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4
C++Builder XE4 is also available as part of Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4. Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE4 is the multi-device, true native app development suite for companies that need to create apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones, and get them to markets and users fast. Manage one codebase, one team, and one schedule to get apps that deliver great performance, tighter security, and a better user experience.
C++Builder XE4 in Embarcadero All-Access XE
If you're interested in C++Builder XE4, in combination with additional Embarcadero development tools and a complete range of database design, management and performance tools, Embarcadero All-Access is the solution for you. Embarcadero All-Access XE provides all the application development and database tools you need – when you need them. It's the easiest to use 'toolbox' solution for any size team of developers, architects, performance testers, and DBAs. All-Access is ideal for both large enterprise teams working on a wide range of technologies; and for smaller teams, consultants, and individuals who find their time split across the software development life cycle.