C++Builder XE5 Product Editions
C++Builder XE5 is available in five editions – Starter, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise and Architect. C++Builder XE5 is also available as part of the RAD Studio XE5 – a development suite that includes Delphi, C++Builder, HTML5 Builder and additional tools.
Which edition do you need?
You want to develop desktop apps for Windows and Mac OS X:
- C++Builder XE5 Professional
You want to develop desktop and mobile apps for Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS:
- C++Builder XE5 Enterprise, Ultimate or Architect
- C++Builder XE5 Professional plus the Mobile Add-On Pack
You want to develop apps for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS, and take advantage of native drivers for client/server and multi-tier development:
- C++Builder XE5 Enterprise, Ultimate or Architect
You want everything in Enterprise edition plus database tools for SQL development, change management and performance optimization:
You want everything in Enterprise edition plus data modeling tools:
You want to get started with a low priced development solution for 32-bit Windows only and a limited commercial use license:
See the C++Builder Feature Matrix for a detailed comparison between editions
More about the C++Builder product editions
C++Builder XE5 Professional
C++Builder® XE5 Professional is the fast, single source C++ development solution for independent software vendors (ISVs). Code once and create a high performance, true native apps with local and embedded database connectivity that run on Windows and OS X. Visual component building blocks let you prototype rapidly, respond to changes, and get to market fast. C++Builder Professional features include:
- True native development for Windows and Mac OS X using the FM Application Platform
- 64-bit Windows development
- FireDAC local database connectivity for Microsoft Access database, SQLite database, InterBase, InterBase on localhost, MySQL Embedded, MySQL Server on localhost, Advantage Database local engine, PostgreSQL on localhost, Firebird Embedded, and Firebird on localhost
- Earlier version licenses and software for C++Builder 6, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2 and XE3 at no extra cost
Mobile Add-On Pack for C++Builder XE5 Professional
The Mobile Add-On Pack for C++Builder XE5 Professional extends C++Builder XE5 Professional so developers can visually create mobile applications for iOS. Deliver high performance, multi-device, true native iOS apps for iPhone and iPad.
FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack for C++Builder XE5 Professional
Extend the database connectivity of the apps you create C++Builder XE5 Professional using the FireDAC Client/Server Add-On Pack. With its powerful universal architecture FireDAC enables direct access from your applications to Oracle, SQL Server, InterBase, DB2, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Access, Informix, DataSnap and more.
C++Builder XE5 Enterprise
C++Builder XE5 Enterprise is standards-based app development for ISVs and enterprise developers. Build mobile, client/server and n-tier, true native apps that connect to a wide array of enterprise database and cloud platforms including Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, InterBase, Amazon and Windows Azure. C++Builder Enterprise includes everything in the Professional edition, plus the following for building client/server and multi-tier applications:
- Database server connectivity to InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Sybase ASE, SQL Anywhere, ODBC and more
- DataSnap multi-tier application development
C++Builder XE5 Ultimate
C++Builder XE5 Ultimate is standards-based app development designed for C++ software developers and teams building, managing, and tuning database-intensive, true native apps with enterprise database systems. In addition to rapid app development, C++Builder Ultimate includes SQL development, database change management, SQL profiling, and SQL tuning tools with DB PowerStudio®. C++Builder Ultimate includes C++Builder Enterprise edition plus DB PowerStudio® Developer edition tools that enable you to:
- Write high quality SQL faster with Rapid SQL
- Visually tune SQL with DB Optimizer Pro
- Simplify database change management with DB Change Manager
C++Builder XE5 Architect
C++Builder® XE5 Architect is the standards-based app development solution designed for C++ developers building data-intensive, multi-tier, true native apps with large or complex enterprise database systems. It combines data-driven, rapid app development and heterogeneous data access with visual data modeling to help developers get the most value out of existing enterprise databases. C++Builder Architect includes everything in the Enterprise edition plus powerful database modeling and design capabilities:
- Reverse-engineer, analyze, and optimize databases
- Automatically generate database code from models for forward engineering
- Create logical and physical models based on information extracted from databases and script files
- Work with highly readable and navigable diagrams
- Advanced compare and merge with bidirectional comparisons and merges of model and database structures.
C++Builder XE5 Starter
C++Builder® XE5 Starter is a great way to get started building high-performance C++ apps for Windows. C++Builder Starter includes a streamlined IDE, code editor, 32-bit compiler, integrated debugger, two-way visual designers to speed development, hundreds of visual components, and a limited commercial use license. Database components and drivers are not included. Starter edition features include:
- Develop 32-bit Windows application using the C++Builder VCL and FM application platform
- IDE and visual development environment
- Hundreds of included components
- License for use until your individual revenue from C++Builder applications or company revenue reaches $1,000 US or your development team expands to more than 5 developers
If you're an individual you may use Starter Edition to create apps for your own use and apps that you can sell until your revenues reach $1,000 per year. If you're a small company or organization without revenue (or up to $1,000 per year in revenue), you can also use the Starter Edition. Once your company's total revenue reaches US $1,000, or your team expands to more than 5 developers, you can move up to an unrestricted commercial license with a specially priced Professional edition license. See the C++Builder Starter page for more information and additional FAQs.
C++Builder in Embarcadero RAD Studio
C++Builder is also available as part of Embarcadero RAD Studio. Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE5 is the multi-device, true native app development suite for companies that need to create apps for PCs, tablets, and smartphones, and get them to markets and users fast. Manage one codebase, one team, and one schedule to get apps that deliver great performance, tighter security, and a better user experience.
C++Builder in Embarcadero All-Access XE
If you're interested in C++Builder, in combination with additional Embarcadero development tools and a complete range of database design, management and performance tools, Embarcadero All-Access is the solution for you. Embarcadero All-Access XE provides all the application development and database tools you need – when you need them. It's the easiest to use 'toolbox' solution for any size team of developers, architects, performance testers, and DBAs. All-Access is ideal for both large enterprise teams working on a wide range of technologies; and for smaller teams, consultants, and individuals who find their time split across the software development life cycle.