Delivers New Technologies for Extending Existing Windows Applications to Mobile Devices, Gadgets and Wearables
SAN FRANCISCO – September 2, 2014 – Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE7, the complete solution to build connected apps for Windows, Android, iOS, OS X, gadgets, and wearables. The new XE7 version of RAD Studio enables Delphi/Object Pascal and C++ developers to extend existing Windows applications and build new, modern apps that connect desktop and mobile devices with gadgets, cloud services, and enterprise data and APIs.
RAD Studio XE7 enables developers to extend Windows applications using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth App Tethering, and create shared user interface code across multiple device form factors. With RAD Studio XE7, developers can also access data and services from within the enterprise, while the new Parallel Programming Library significantly boosts multi-threaded performance on multi-core systems, and much more.
New RAD Studio XE7 Features for Building Connected Apps:
- FireUI Multi-Device Designer and UI Components: RAD Studio XE7 offers a revolutionary way to build a shared user interface that is optimized for specific devices and form factors. Developers can now get connected apps to market faster by developing for multiple platforms and device form factors simultaneously, with one shared master form and fine-tuned device specific views of that master form. A new behaviour service API allows the framework to optimize for the capabilities and device form factor of the native platform to deliver the best user experience for that device.
- Connected Apps with Bluetooth: Bluetooth connections are now available for App Tethering. Developers can extend their existing Windows applications to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled devices, including Bluetooth LE for connecting to lower power devices. Hundreds of gadgets and wearables are immediately available to connect with existing Windows and mobile apps.
- Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS): Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS) is a new turnkey solution for today’s interconnected, distributed apps, offering an easy to deploy middleware server that hosts loadable custom API and data access modules. EMS is based on open and standard technologies, including REST HTTP calls and JSON data formats, and provides major SQL database drivers along with a built-in encrypted, embedded, and server-side SQL data store. With its user management and authentication, plus user and API analytics, Enterprise Mobility Services is ideal for enabling secure access from mobile and desktop apps to enterprise databases. EMS is a middleware solution that is stateless, restful, scalable, and secure.
- Parallel Computing Library: Developers can significantly boost multi-threaded app performance on multi-core systems. The new Parallel Programming library exponentially increases the performance of existing C++ and Object Pascal code by parallelizing threads that can take full advantage of multi-core CPUs.
Other RAD Studio XE7 enhancements include: Object Pascal Language enhancements; RTL enhancements; database and FireDAC enhancements; new PAServer manager; and FireMonkey enhancements.
RAD Studio XE7, Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7 are available immediately from Embarcadero and from Embarcadero partners. Visit the Embarcadero online store at app-development-tools-store/ for pricing.
To download a free trial, visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/downloads.
- “One of the biggest challenges for Windows developers today is extending their existing applications beyond the desktop to participate in this new world of mobile devices and connected gadgets and wearables. RAD Studio XE7 takes aim at these challenges with key technologies for multi-device development, enterprise mobility and device connectivity. This is a great opportunity for those developers to create new user experiences for their customers and users.” - Al Hilwa, Program Director, Software Development Research, IDC
- "In today’s increasingly connected world, developers are challenged to extend the user experience of existing Windows applications to new devices and form factors, and transform existing applications into modern solutions that their customers and users will love to use. RAD Studio XE7 is a game changing opportunity for developers to be able to easily and quickly revitalize, performance enhance, and extend existing Windows applications with connected mobile devices, gadgets, sensors, and both cloud-based and on-premises services for customers in various vertical markets. For example, Delphi and C++ developers can easily add table-side order-taking or cloud-based "your table is ready” push notifications for food services customers. Product and price barcode lookups can be easily added to apps for retail customers and staff, or connected bio-health sensors can be added to healthcare office applications and biosciences research applications.” – Michael Swindell, Senior Vice President of Products at Embarcadero
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
Echo Communications (for Embarcadero)