Shared free of charge with our community of freelance developers, startups, students and non-profits, C++Builder Community Edition is a full featured IDE for building iOS, Android, Windows and macOS apps from a single C++ codebase (limited commercial use license). C++Builder Community Edition includes a code editor, powerful debugging tools, built-in access to popular local databases with live data at design time, Bluetooth and IoT capabilities and a visual UI designer with support for pixel perfect, platform specific styling.
Start Building Apps Today with C++Builder Community Edition:
- C++Builder Community Edition provides you with integrated and professional-level developer tools from Day 1
- Develop Windows, macOS, Android and iOS applications with a single codebase
- Visual Design using the C++Builder VCL and FireMonkey frameworks
- Built-in Debugging Tools that allow you to debug on any device
- Build database apps with local/embedded capabilities
- Hundreds of included components to enhance your app and reduce development cycles
- Licensed for use until your individual revenue from C++Builder applications or company revenue reaches $5,000 US or your development team expands to more than 5 developers
The best part? When your application or business takes off, you don’t have to learn new tools or port code from various toolsets. Start working right away with your existing codebase in any of our paid editions while gaining access to additional capabilities.
Who Chooses C++Builder Community Edition?
Individual C++ developers, hobbyists, and students who are learning new programming languages, starting to develop cross-platform apps, maintaining open source C++Builder projects, or learning the C++Builder IDE, who are making less than $5000 in revenue and want to get started with professional-level developer tools.
It’s also perfect for early stage startups who are bootstrapping their product vision before securing capital! Develop your professional app with the Community Edition, knowing that you can skip the learning curve your competition faces when building for multiple platforms.
Am I Eligible for C++Builder Community Edition?
If you're an individual you may use C++Builder Community Edition to create apps for your own use and apps that you can sell until your revenue reaches $5,000 per year.
If you're a small company or organization without revenue (or up to $5,000 per year in revenue), you can also use the C++Builder Community Edition. Once your company's total revenue reaches US $5,000, or your team expands to more than 5 developers, you can move up to an unrestricted commercial license with Professional edition.
See the Community Edition FAQs for additional details.
C++Builder is available in Community, Professional, Enterprise, and Architect editions. For details on the differences between the editions, see the Product Editions page and Feature Matrix. Move up to the Professional edition or above to get additional features including components and drivers for database connectivity, a full commercial development license, and much more.Get Community Edition Free