The RAD Studio 11 Release Adds Official Support for Windows 11, macOS 12 Monterey, iOS 15 and Android 12, and Improves on The Milestone Features of 11 Alexandria, Delivering an Improved IDE and User Experience, Improved Code Insight, More Powerful Compilers and Debuggers, And Richer RTL, UI and Database Libraries.
Single Code Base
Create apps for all major platforms with less coding effort. Write once, compile everywhere.
Modernize VCL apps for Windows 11 with up-to-date user interface controls, WinRT APIs, and HighDPI-related features
Collaborate more effectively with remote teams using improved remote desktop support for VCL and IDE
High DPI & 4K
High-DPI support in the IDE, with full support for the latest 4k+ monitors, and cleaner and sharper fonts and icons throughout. Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop with a visibly superior desktop UI
iOS and macOS
macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that can build universal binaries including Intel/ARM versions for AppStore submissions
Support for the latest Android 30 API and latest Billing APIs, and migration to use the AndroidX libraries. Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying integration of external Android dependencies
Connect to over 20 databases natively with FireDAC’s high speed direct access, including InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, MongoDB and more
Smarter code navigation when refactoring. Auto code completion with Tab key. LSP awareness of Include files. Auto restart of LSP server. Class helper support. Array suggestions when assigning arrays
VCL Styles with design-time support: Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
Develop both server and FireMonkey GUI applications for Linux
Completely rebuilt Welcome Page with a native look and feel, and a UI that fits the IDE, and customizable layout and content
Use the HTTP and REST client libraries, available on all platforms, to invoke REST services or AWS and Azure components.
Develop and expand the IDE with your own components and IDE plugins, or find ready to use add-ons from our rich third-party ecosystem
Reduces the complexities of rapidly building and deploying a multi-tier turn-key enterprise REST API application server with Swagger support.
Ignite Your Imagination
Design Beautiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs
with RAD Studio
- Use RAD Studio’s award-winning VCL framework for Windows and FireMonkey (FMX) visual framework to create cross-platform responsive UIs
- Enjoy the new high-DPI compatible IDE on 4k+ screens
- Use VCL Styles at design time! Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines and enhanced margin and padding support
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows
- Rapidly design your master responsive UI layout once, then easily customize platform-and-device-specific views without duplicating design effort
- Use the visual design menu to easily drag and drop visual and non-visual components from the palette
- Connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer
Code Faster and Smarter with RAD Studio
- Quicken lengthy compiles with highly optimized compilers for every platform
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format
- Customize the IDE for two robust and powerful languages (Delphi and enhanced C++) and your coding style
- Use Code Insight™ for code completion via a modern Language Server Protocol based on your code and libraries to help you code quickly and accurately
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you code
- Keep development agile with the VCL designer, Agile refactoring and Live Templates
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Debug Faster with RAD Studio’s Integrated Native Debugging
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs
- Explore the entire call stack to trace the route the executing code took to reach its location
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program pauses during debugging
- Keep Code Insight™ code completion running while debugging
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to any iOS, Android, macOS, or Linux device and debug as if it were running locally.
- Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy High-Performance Native Apps With RAD Studio
- Provision your apps for Windows 11! Be ready for Microsoft’s new release.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component
- Go from Ad Hoc to App Store fast. Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store (using Desktop bridge), Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Compile for macOS (M-series Apple Silicon) and use the new universal package for AppStore submission. You can now compile for both existing Intel, and the new M-series macOS processors (Apple Silicon).
- Compile for Android API 30! Android API and Libraries updated - API 30, Google Play V3, Android X. Keep current with the latest requirements for Android as the platform evolves. - This includes latest billing API
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Identify within each project the files to deploy based on the target platform (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux) and build configurations for Debug or Release.
Improve the Quality of Your Code with RAD Studio
- Find coding errors automatically and solve them with fast Error Insight
- C++ toolchain improvements with overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types, including using typeid on Delphi-style types
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils
- Improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types
- CMake quality improvements and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64
- Use built-in refactoring to streamline, simplify and improve both the performance and readability of your application code
- Leverage well-tested and highly optimized cross-platform libraries to build better code fast
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the integrated DUnit and DUnitX frameworks
- Dive into your project without interrupting the application flow by adding live log-in with CodeSite Logging
- Use Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion
- LSP awareness of Include files and auto-restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
Collaborate Better With RAD Studio Teamwork and Remote Desktop Features
- Use enhanced Remote Desktop support (for VCL and IDE) to collaborate remotely with your team
- Track and manage changes quickly using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
- Easily navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer
- Turn documentation into immediate in-line help for you and your team
- Use RAD Studio command-line compilers ideal for quickly integrating into continuous build configurations using our support for MSBuild or CMake projects
Extend the RAD Studio IDE With Hundreds of Components
- Use GetIt Package Manager to rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components
- Extend the IDE with tools and components from Embarcadero Technology Partners
- Employ powerful integrated tools and components like Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, and CodeSite!
- Extend the IDE even further with addons and plugins from dozens of third parties and customize the IDE to work your way
- Build for the Internet of Things by easily adding IoT capabilities to the RAD Studio IDE with over 50 IoT components available for FREE via GetIt