Design Beautiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs
with RAD Studio
Are you ready to design the best UIs of your life? Our award winning VCL framework for Windows and FireMonkey (FMX) visual framework for cross-platform UIs provide you with the foundation for intuitive, beautiful user interfaces that wow on every platform: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Rapidly design your master responsive UI layout once, then easily customize platform- and device-specific views without duplication of design effort.
- Easily drag-and-drop visual and non-visual components from the palette using our visual designer.
- Visually connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer.
- Real-time design validation using Live On-Device Preview to broadcast the active form to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Add responsive design with resolution-aware components for desktop, tablets, and smartphones.
- Real, platform-specific native controls for an improved user experience.
Code Faster and Smarter with RAD Studio
Smart developers and Agile software teams write better code faster using modern OOP practices and RAD Studio’s robust frameworks and feature-rich IDE.
- Spend less time waiting for lengthy compiles with our highly optimized compilers for every platform.
- Choose from two robust and powerful languages (Delphi and enhanced C++) and customize the IDE to meet your coding style.
- Code Insight™ delivers code-completion via a modern Language Server Protocol based on your code and used libraries to help you code quickly and accurately.
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you write code.
- Keep your development agile with the VCL designer, Agile refactoring and Live Templates.
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial.
Debug Faster with RAD Studio’s Integrated Native Debugging
Get to the bottom of bugs faster with integrated cross-platform native debugging. Using the RAD Studio IDE, you can debug applications running remotely on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux!
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs.
- Explore the entire call stack so you can trace backward to discover the route the executing code took to reach the current location.
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program has paused during debugging.
- Code Insight™ code-completion is available while debugging.
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to any iOS, Android, macOS, or Linux device and debug as though it was running locally. Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy with RAD Studio
Reach your users by creating apps for their preferred device. Create both desktop and mobile apps from one codebase with RAD Studio and deploy to Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux!
- Ad Hoc to App Store. Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store (using Desktop bridge), Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Developers can identify within each project the files to deploy based on target platform (e.g. Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux) and build configurations (e.g. Debug or Release).
- Easily deploy files directly to Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux from the Delphi IDE. Deploy files directly from the RAD Studio IDE. Quickly deploy files to remote machines using Platform Assistant Server (PA Server). PA Server combines the files defined for deployment and packages them into a single application instance.
Improve the Quality of Your Code with RAD Studio
Faster development cycles don’t have to result in sacrificing quality! RAD Studio includes many features to help enforce coding best practices, reduce duplication efforts, and help you become a coding rock star!
- Fast Error Insight automatically mark errors in your code and helps you solve them.
- Built-in refactoring allows you to streamline, simplify, and improve both performance and readability of your application code.
- Quickly build better code by leveraging well-tested and highly optimized cross-platform libraries.
- Turn your code documentation into immediate in-line help available to you or other developers in your team.
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the included DUnit and DUnitX frameworks.
- See what is going on inside your application without interrupting the application flow by adding live logging to any application with CodeSite Logging.
Collaborate Better with RAD Studio
The RAD Studio’s collaboration and version control features will help you create better products faster, both as a lone developer or as part of a team. Code Collaboration drives deeper code understanding, better testing and better products.
- Quickly track and manage changes using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories.
- Easily navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer.
- Use RAD Studio command line compilers that are ideal for integrating into continuous build configurations quickly using our support for MSBuild or CMake projects.
Extend the RAD Studio IDE
RAD Studio includes hundreds of components for everything from creating user interfaces to database connectivity, making it fast and easy to build connected business applications for desktop and mobile platforms. In addition to the included VCL and FireMonkey components, a broad range of tools and components are available from the Delphi and C++Builder community.
- GetIt Package Manager. Rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components.
- Build for the Internet of Things. Quickly add IoT capabilities to the RAD Studio IDE with over 50 IoT components available for FREE via GetIt.
- Extend the IDE with Tools and Components from Embarcadero Technology Partners.
- Integrated Tools and Components. Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, CodeSight!
- Extend the IDE with addons and plugins made by dozens of third parties, to customize the IDE to work your way
Build Connected Applications
Build end-to-end solution for modern Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android and Linux applications.
Single Code Base
Create apps for all supported platforms with less coding effort. Write once, compile everywhere.
Connect to over 20 databases natively with FireDAC’s high speed direct access. Including InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, MongoDB and more.
Create a single responsive platform aware UI once and deploy cross platform.
Windows 10 Applications
Modernize VCL apps to support Windows 10 with up-to-date user interface controls, WinRT APIs, HighDPI related features and Windows Store support.
Develop both server and FireMonkey GUI applications for Linux with RAD Studio (Delphi personality).
Develop macOS applications quickly and easily with RAD Studio (Delphi personality).
Android and iOS
Deliver iOS and Android applications faster and smarter with platform-aware user interface controls in the FireMonkey framework. Prototype faster with the multi-device designer and live preview in the IDE.
Internet of Things (IoT)
Easily connect your apps to gadgets, devices, sensors, enterprise data, and cloud services.
Use the HTTP and REST client libraries, available on all platforms, to invoke REST services or AWS and Azure components. Leverage powerful CData Enterprise Connectors to access 70+ data sources.
The RAD Studio IDE is used by developers worldwide to build all kinds of applications, and has an open API for expanding its capabilities. Develop and expand the IDE with your own components and IDE plugins, or find ready to use add-ons from our rich 3rd party ecosystem.
Design it, Build it, Run it!
The RAD Studio IDE supports you through the full development lifecycle to deliver a single source codebase that you simply recompile and redeploy.