Design Beautiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs
RAD Studio’s C++ version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for Windows and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs. Visual development for C++ has never been easier and faster - best of all your designs and your code will always be in sync!
- Design your Windows application with VCL to ensure unmatched native performance
- Drag-and-drop visual and non-visual components from the palette using our visual designer
- Leverage from 100s of pre-build visual components that work seamlessly with Windows OS
- Extend your visual UIs with components from multiple certified partners
- Use FMX if you have cross-platform use cases and you want to use the same code base
- Visually connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer
- Real-time design validation using Live On-Device Preview to broadcast the active form to multiple devices simultaneously
- Add a responsive design with resolution-aware components for desktop, tablets, and smartphones
- Leverage platform-specific native controls for an improved UX
Code Faster and Smarter with C++Builder
Smart developers and Agile software teams write better code faster using modern OOP practices and C++Builder’s robust frameworks and feature-rich IDE.
- Spend less time waiting for lengthy compiles with our highly optimized compilers for every platform
- Choose from two robust and powerful languages (C++Builder and enhanced C++) and customize the IDE to meet your coding style
- Code Insight™ delivers auto-code-completion based on your code and used libraries to help you code quickly and accurately
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you write code
- Keep your development agile with the VCL designer, Agile refactoring and Live Templates
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Debug Faster with C++Builder’s Integrated Native Debugging
Get to the bottom of bugs faster with integrated cross-platform native debugging. Using the C++Builder IDE, you can debug applications running remotely on Windows and iOS!
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs.
- Explore the entire call stack so you can trace backward to discover the route the executing code took to reach the current location.
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program has paused during debugging.
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to any iOS device and debug as though it was running locally. Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy with C++Builder
Reach your users by creating apps for their preferred device. Create both desktop and mobile apps from one codebase with C++Builder and deploy to Windows and iOS.
- Ad Hoc to Store: Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store (using Desktop bridge).
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Developers can identify within each project the files to deploy based on target platform (e.g. Windows, iOS) and build configurations (e.g. Debug or Release)
- Deploy files directly from the C++Builder IDE. Quickly deploy files to remote machines using Platform Assistant Server (PA Server). PA Server combines the files defined for deployment and packages them into a single application instance.
Improve the Quality of Your Code with C++Builder
Faster development cycles don’t have to result in sacrificing quality! C++Builder includes many features to help enforce coding best practices, reduce duplication efforts, and help you become a coding rock star!
- Build better code by leveraging well-tested and highly optimized cross-platform libraries.
- Turn your code documentation into immediate in-line help available to you or other developers in your team.
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the included DUnit and DUnitX frameworks.
- See what is going on inside your application without interrupting the application flow by adding live logging to any application with CodeSite Logging
Collaborate Better with C++Builder
The C++Builder’s collaboration and version control features will help you create better products faster, both as a lone developer or as part of a team. Code Collaboration drives deeper code understanding, better testing and better products.
- Track and manage changes using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
- Navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer
- Use C++Builder command line compilers that are ideal for integrating into continuous build configurations quickly using our support for MSBuild or CMake projects.
Extend the C++Builder IDE
C++Builder includes hundreds of components for everything from creating user interfaces to database connectivity, making it fast and easy to build connected business applications for desktop and mobile platforms. In addition to the included VCL and FireMonkey components, a broad range of tools and components are available from the Delphi and C++Builder community.
- GetIt Package Manager. Rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components.
- Build for the Internet of Things. Quickly add IoT capabilities to the C++Builder IDE with over 50 IoT components available for FREE via GetIt.
- Extend the IDE with Tools and Components from Embarcadero Technology Partners.
- Integrated Tools and Components. Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, CodeSight!
- Extend the IDE with addons and plugins made by dozens of third parties, to customize the IDE to work your way
Build Connected Applications
Build end-to-end solution for modern Windows 10 and iOS applications.
Single Code Base
Create apps for all platforms with less coding effort. Write once, compile everywhere.
Connect to over 20 databases natively with FireDAC’s high speed direct access.
Modernize existing code and compile cross platforms.
Windows 10 App
Modernize aging apps to support Windows 10 with up-to-date controls and Windows Store support
Develop applications quickly and easily with C++Builder.
Deliver mobile applications faster and smarter with platform-aware user interface controls. Protoype faster with multi-device designer and live preview in the IDE
Internet of Things (IoT)
Easily connect your apps to gadgets, devices, sensors, enterprise data, and cloud services.
C++Builder has an HTTP and a REST client library, available on all platforms, to invoke REST services and even specific AWS and Azure components
Create a plugin that adds new tool windows, draws in the code editor, provides code completion, adds new syntax highlighting, hooks into high-level and low-level events, tracks processes and threads while debugging, and more.
Design it, Build it, Run it!
The C++Builder IDE supports you through the full development lifecycle to deliver a single source codebase that you simply recompile and redeploy.