David Intersimone to highlight the use of RAD Studio XE8 and its support for Proximity Beacons and Enterprise Mobility Services Push Notifications in developing connected medical applications
SAN FRANCISCO — May 19, 2015 — Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, May 20, 2015 focused on the development of connected, multi-device solutions for the healthcare industry, using Beacons and Bluetooth LE devices. During this session, David Intersimone, Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist at Embarcadero, will demonstrate how developers can use RAD Studio XE8, which supports Proximity Beacons and Enterprise Mobility Services Push Notifications, to build a modern medical application solution for a hospital or doctor’s office.
IoT in Action: Building a Modern Medical Application for a Hospital or Doctor’s Office
Digital devices are proliferating inside medical offices and hospitals, and Bluetooth wearables are being used to capture biometric information. These devices, which are part of the IoT landscape, are providing higher levels of patient monitoring, medical office productivity, and patient information management. Recognizing the potential of these connected devices to transform the everyday experience of visiting a healthcare provider, this webinar will give developers a first hand look into:
- RAD Studio XE8 connected app development for Windows, OS X, iOS, Android and the Internet of Things
- FireUI and VCL application development for desktop, smartphone, and tablet devices
- Proximity-based application development using the new TBeacon component supporting the use of iBeacon and AltBeacon
- Bluetooth LE development for state-of-the-art medical devices including Heart Rate Monitors, Digital Weight Scales, and more
- Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS) support for Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) and Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
- Using AppTethering to connect VCL and FMX applications across Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android devices
- Understanding end-user behavior in deployed apps with Embarcadero’s new AppAnalytics hosted service
- Tracking and managing data changes between databases and devices using InterBase XE7’s new Change Views
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Thursday, May 21, 2015
One-hour live webinar (45-min presentation followed by 15-min Q&A). Participants will be able to submit questions during the webinar.
David Intersimone (known to many as David I.) is a passionate and innovative software industry veteran – often referred to as a developer icon – who extols and educates the world on Embarcadero developer and database tools and runs the company's rampant online community. He shares his visions as an active member of the industry speaking circuit and is tapped as an expert source by the media. He is a long-standing champion of architects, developers and database professionals and works to ensure that their needs are folded into Embarcadero's strategic product plans.
Online registration is now open at:
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
Echo Communications (for Embarcadero)