New Features in 11.3
Target The Latest Platform Versions!
RAD Studio 11.3 offers official support for iOS 16 (for Delphi only), Android 13, and macOS Ventura, all released after RAD Studio 11.2. RAD Studio 11.3 also supports Ubuntu 22 LTS and Windows Server 2022.
Use Biometric Authentication!
RAD Studio 11.3 offers a new Mobile Biometric Authentication component for FireMonkey mobile applications
Deploy Embedded InterBase Dev Edition!
RAD Studio 11.3 ships with the recently released InterBase 2020 Update 4 Developer edition and IBLite/ToGo edition
Debug with LLDB-Based Debuggers!
11.3 introduces a new LLDB-based debugger for macOS Intel and 32-bit Android. With 11.3 all non-Windows platform debuggers across Delphi and C++ have moved to LLDB architecture.
Code Faster With Improved CodeInsight and Delphi LSP!
The IDE code editor now has the ability to highlight matching words. Delphi Code Insight through DelphiLSP sees very significant quality improvements, to further improve Code Insight features and make them faster and more reliable, including with large applications. These improvements include code completion, Help Insight, and navigation, with a strong focus on overall reliability, as well as providing completion or navigation results in areas where they were not previously provided.
Build Better Apps With FireMonkey Enhancements
On iOS improved scrolling for TDateEdit, TTimeEdit, and TComboBox. On Android, DocumentFile Provider support. Graphics improvements in the TBitmap and TCanvas classes and controls, including Multiview (with platform control type), SpeedButton, Label's FocusControl, TTreeViewItem's IsChecked, TEdit when used inside a TVertScrollBar. Improved Tab key cycling across user interface controls, and ClipChildren now takes XRadius and YRadius into consideration.
Milestone Innovations Since 11.0 Alexandria
Use RAD Studio on 4k+ Screens!
RAD Studio 11.3 offers high-DPI support to the IDE, enabling developers to work on larger, high-resolution screens. Full support for the latest 4k+ high-resolution monitors improves daily developer activities with cleaner, sharper fonts and icons, and high-resolution support throughout the IDE windows, including in the VCL and FMX form designers and code editor.
Target Windows 11
Official support for Windows 11 provisioning with integrated MSIX generation. WebBrowser component for Windows, with support for both the IE ActiveX and the new Microsoft WebView 2 control (Chromium-based Edge). Enhanced VCL Form Designer to visually build native Windows applications, with live snap-to hints and layout guidelines. Enhanced Delphi and C++ RTL for 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows.
Use VCL Styles at Design Time!
VCL Styles now provides design-time support: Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running. Viewing at design time how styles will impact the UI at runtime improves the design and testing process for modern UIs. Creating better UIs faster is especially useful when working with per-control styles.
Deploy on M-Series Apple Silicon!
Compile for macOS (M-series Apple Silicon) and use the new universal package for AppStore submission. You can now compile for both existing Intel and new M-series macOS processors (Apple Silicon). Compiling for the newest processor versions enables the fastest performance across all platforms, and supports universal packaging for the macOS app store.
Improved Remote Desktop Support for VCL and IDE, helping developers working remotely from the office. Enhanced debugging for remote and local 64-bit Windows applications and macOS 64-bit applications (Intel and ARM). Enhanced remote desktop support boosts your team's efficiency and improves your bottom line.
Features to Help You Accomplish More
- High-DPI support to the IDE, covering the latest 4k+ monitors, and cleaner and sharper fonts and icons throughout
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows
- Completely rebuilt Welcome Page with a native look and feel, and a UI that fits the IDE, and customizable layout and content
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format
- IDE support for Markdown documents and VCL-based HTML preview.
- Inactive code highlighting in the Code Editor.
- Improved remote desktop support for VCL and IDE
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines and enhanced margin and padding support
- Code Editor highlights matching words
- Markdown files can now be opened in multiple editor windows
- Rich Edit component update removes XP dependencies and introduces new features to TRichEdit control
- VCL Styles add design-time support: prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running
- VCL library improved for use of Microsoft's WebView 2 control in both TEdgeBrowser and TWebBrowser components, with better support for UserDataFolder and ExecutableFolder configurations.
- Support for CheckBoxes in TreeViews added, with each node supporting 3 states (Partial, Dimmed, Exclusion) to help customise the UI
- New TDBLabeledEdit component offering a data-aware version of the TLabelEdit for faster prototyping
- Numerous VCL improvements including default form size and font, exception dialog copy button, margins on Memo and RichEdit and many more
- Better support for the styling of TouchKeyboard component background, and enhanced TControlList component, including ability to select multiple items
- Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop with a visibly superior desktop UI
- Improved TPathData processing and rendering in FireMonkey library, including quadratic Bézier curve commands and other transformations.
- Support for Microsoft's WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component
- Support for the latest Android 32 API and latest Billing APIs
- Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying integration of external Android dependencies
- New Mobile Biometric Authentication component for FireMonkey mobile applications
- New IFMXPhoneDialerListenerService interface for Android
- Delphi macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that includes building universal binaries for Intel/Arm AppStore submissions
- View your apps with iOS Simulator for Delphi by generating binaries for macOS devices running on ARM-64 (M1 or M2 CPUs)
- LLDB debugging for Delphi's Linux toolchain.
- Delphi language support for binary decimals and digits separator
- C++ toolchain improvements with overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types, including using typeid on Delphi-style types
- C++Builder Code Insight improvements to cquery, and greater LSP behavior customization
- Improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types
- CMake quality improvements and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64
- Support for iOS 16 (for Delphi only), Android 13, macOS Ventura, Ubuntu 22 LTS and Windows Server 2022. New notarization process for macOS introduced with XCode 14.
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE
- Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils
- Record Helper for TCurrency in System.SysUtils makes working with Currency simpler and easier
- C++ RTL improvements include using make_shared and make_unique with Delphi classes, string_view support for Delphi strings, and easy Delphi/C++ string conversion
- 11.3 has Android memory allocation performance improvement, a number of performance improvements, and an updated version of the ZLib library (1.2.13)
- Use of Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion
- LSP awareness of Include files
- Auto restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
- Class helper support
- Array suggestions when assigning arrays
- FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for the PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Firebird databases
- Updated FireDAC library supports latest Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server, MongoDB new transaction feature, improved FDMonitor and FDExplorer tools, text editor support for SQL syntax highlighting in FireDAC SQL text property editor, and reFind files for migration of dbGo (classic ADO) projects to FireDAC.
- Updated RAD Server has auth token/session expiration option, IP Address and DateTime to logging, and simplified creation of client applications with EMSFireDACClient component.
- HTTP and REST client libraries have been extended with timeout mechanisms, support for HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Base64 URL Encoding
- New component TRESTRequestDataSetAdapter simplifies uploading datasets to RAD Server
- New low-traffic RAD Server Lite allows unlimited deployment of your multi-tier solutions, alongside with the fully scalable RAD Server engine
- For DataSnap, the REST URL mapping logic is now fully configurable
- RAD Studio now ships with the recently released InterBase 2020 Update 4 Developer edition and IBLite/ToGo edition
- FireDAC offers improvements for PostgreSQL database performance and full compatibility with version 14 and version 15.1. For Oracle and other databases, it offers better treatment of column names with square brackets. For Linux, the database layer offers preliminary support for UTF8 in the database RTL (like for TStringField) and in FireDAC's DataSets.