New Features to Help You Accomplish More
Get More Done in Less Time
- Expanded LSP support for faster, more reliable Code Insight, including code and parameter completion, and symbol information
- Library path management update to convert paths to and from absolute paths using environment variables in the path
- New IDE responsiveness features including a new progress dialog that shows what the IDE is doing during lengthy operations
- Enhanced migration tool for faster updates through configuration files for FireDAC, Desktop, Platforms, and Formatters
- Silent automatic installation for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio with no UI interaction
Custom Tools For Best-in-Class Windows Support
- New flexible high-performance VCL TControlList Control for very long lists, with custom UI configuration options
- New VCL TNumberBox numeric input control, supports integer numbers, floating point numbers and currency values
- Full support for Microsoft’s new Windows application packaging format, MSIX, for Microsoft Store and Enterprise deployment
- Enhancements to KSVC library (200+ Windows UI controls for Delphi and C++ Builder apps) for better integration with VCL styles
- Updated TEdgeBrowser component to support GA version of Microsoft's WebView2 control and SDK with cache management and custom WebView2 versions
Target All Platforms From One Codebase
- RAD Studio 10.4.2 support for iOS 14 App Store ready apps targeting the iOS 14 SDK and debugging on iOS 14 devices, as well as ad hoc distribution for enterprise deployment
- Delphi 10.4.2 support for macOS 11 Big Sur with Intel-based applications, and macOS 64-bit apps for the macOS App Store or local distribution
- Delphi 10.4.2 support for deployment and debugging on Android 11, and improvements to deployment to the App Bundle format required by Google's Play Store along with 64-bit capability
Super-Fast Multi-Platform Deployment
- Enhanced Delphi compiler performance through 20 compiler optimizations, resulting in greatly reduced compilation times
- Expanded support for Code Insight based on LSP technology, with new advanced error insights for Delphi
- New and improved memory usage protocol for Win64 linker resulting in more efficient memory management
- Better code optimisation and reduced register spilling in debug mode with Clang-based bcc32c/x defaulting to 'pentium2' as the default target CPU
- Improved exception handling system, both within and across modules. RTL also includes latest version of Dinkumware STL
- New open-source C++ libraries to be made available in GetIt, designed to make powerful libraries easy to integrate in applications
Explore 10.4.2 In Depth
RAD Studio 10.4.2 includes new tooling to help developers build stunning apps quickly, enhanced migration tooling for fast upgrades, and a new automatic silent installer. A new progress dialog shows what the IDE is doing during lengthy operations. RAD Studio’s Code Insight support (using LSP) has been significantly expanded to offer better, faster, and more reliable Code Insight for both Delphi and C++, while an improved Migration Tool helps you upgrade easily and copy your IDE configurations.
Performance and Quality Improvements
10.4.2 includes improved integration with SOAP web services, improving the WSDL import tool and the SOAP client invocations. The updated Parallel Programming Library offers a modern style for writing multi-threaded applications that can take advantage of modern multi-core CPUs. You can now easily see the data stored in generic collections in the debugger with the introduction of a new specific debug visualizer. Database and remote data access technologies have also seen improvements for FireDAC InterBase, SQLite, PostgresQL, and Oracle integrated drivers, the REST Client Library, AWS and Azure support. RAD Studio’s 10.4.2 release resolves over 700 internally-found and customer-reported issues.
Expanded Windows Support
RAD Studio 10.4.2 delivers best-in-class Windows app support, including the richest available library for native Windows app development, the Visual Component Library. These include the new TControlList VCL control, a virtual and high-performance control for very long lists, and a new VCL TNumberBox control that supports integer, floating point and currency values.
Windows Store packaging is made easier through support for MSIX, Microsoft’s newly recommended Windows application packaging format. There is improved styles support for the Konopka Components suite of over 200 Windows UI controls and designers for your Delphi and C++ Builder VCL applications. The TEdgeBrowser VCL component has been updated with support for the GA version of Microsoft's WebView2 control and its SDK.
Expanded Delphi & C++Builder Support
Delphi sees over 20 significant compiler performance improvements that substantially reduce compilation time. Delphi also has enhanced Code Insight support, highlighting warnings and hints in the code editor, new improvements to rendering to enhance visibility, and better support for packages, ctrl-click navigation, and much more.
C++Builder’s Code Insight is updated for robust code completion. C++Builder includes a new approach to debug information which greatly reduces memory strain on the Win64 linker and app output size, known as split DWARF, while an overhaul of the exception handling system provides improved application reliability. The RTL also includes the latest version of the Dinkumware STL.
Trusted by Over Three Million Developers Worldwide
The Fastest Way to Build Responsive Native Applications on Multiple Platforms
Embarcadero’s Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio IDEs enable more than three million independent developers and enterprise development teams worldwide to deploy high-performance responsive native applications on Windows, Android, iOS, macOS and Linux.
Using a single easy-to-write, easy-to-update codebase, IDE tools quickly compile native code for multiple platforms while enabling unprecedented productivity with powerful code completion, and enhanced parallel processing on modern multi-core CPUs.
Learn More on the Embarcadero Blog
12 April 2021
How To Make An Epic Dashboard Visualization For Windows, Mobile And The Web The Easy Way
11 April 2021
Developer Stories: Themba Sivate Talks About The ST Auto Player Lite Software
10 April 2021
Developer Stories: Jarrod Davis Speaks Of His GameVision Toolkit Application
10 April 2021
LearnCPlusPlus.org :: Learn about Input & Output, Constants, Literals, Data Types, Learn to use VCL & FMX Styles, Generic Algorithms and more
08 April 2021
Developer Stories: Manuel Lopez Shares More About His Portraits With Craps Application
07 April 2021
Developer Stories: John Hardy Elaborates More On His Equation Visualization Application
07 April 2021
Developer Stories: Flavius Fernandes Talks Through His ERP Sirius +Mobile
06 April 2021
Easily Perform Powerful Text Analysis With Google Machine Learning
06 April 2021
Easily Deploy RAD Server With Windows And Linux Installers
06 April 2021
Developer Stories: Patrick Gaydecki Talks Through His Vsound 2.7 Application
Join Our Global Developer Community
Join our email list and receive the latest case studies, event updates, product news, and much more.